Saturday, July 2, 2011

Adventures in Notting Hill, Camden town and Covent Garden

I have literally found paradise. Sorry mom and family, you'll have to come visit me in England once I graduate... This is where I belong.

This morning I woke up late, finally got a working camera, and decided to tackle the city of London on my own. I popped on the Tube, and went to the first interesting stop I saw. Notting Hill. I didn't meet Hugh Grant, but I did go into an adorable book store with a big red door. I also went to the outdoor market, got a peach for breakfast (why don't we have these in America? Markets I mean, not peaches). And just wandered for a bit.

One thing I love about London is that you don't have to be scared of much more than pick-pockets. There isn't violent crime here, and the police officers don't even carry a gun (however I've been told they are not to be messed with). It makes the city so much more peaceful, not constantly turning your head looking for suscpicious people. Makes me wonder what America can do to make it safer for upcoming children... No guns maybe? Who knows, not I, just an opinion.

Then I went back to Camden Town for a bit... I'm in love. Great shops, great prices. Next, off to Coventry Gardens which is a high-end Camden town (shopping centre). Everything there is homemade, and it's definetly individualised. Tonight we're spending one last night in London, before going out to Cambridge tomorrow. I'm so excited to study at the top University in the world! Such an honour.

More later, love for now, Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment